It’s almost 2019! When setting your New Year’s resolutions, don’t forget about your home, especially the areas that tend to get out of control, like the laundry room, mudroom, and garage. Giving these areas in your home a little love will prepare you for a fresh start in the new year. Here are some tips for getting started.
- Downsize. Resolve to make 2019 the year that you streamline your stuff, getting rid of things you don’t use or need, and keeping only what makes your life better.
- Clear the clutter. Make it a goal to keep your surfaces clear, for a fresher, more organized look.
- Create routines. Have a plan for tasks you’ll do daily, weekly and monthly, and enlist the help of your family members to stay on track.
- Turn off the flow of paper. Opt for paperless bills, bank statements, and even receipts, to keep from having so much paper clutter to wrangle. You can also register online with the Direct Marketing Association, to limit the junk mail that makes its way to your home.
- Find a home for all of your things. Having a place for everything makes it easy to keep everything in its place. Make sure your closets and pantries are functioning well for you, and don’t bring anything home unless you know exactly where you’ll put it.
At Bay Home & Window, our expert team of designers will work with you to customize storage in any room! From perfect pantries to well-appointed closets, we’ll create the perfect configuration to meet your needs, taking stock of your space and your lifestyle to make it just right. For custom built-ins that fit the way you live, call (925) 264-6746 or contact us for a free in-home design consultation.